A weekly publication of Towson Church — March 19, 2021
Connect with Us
We are glad to see a recent increase in attendees for our Sunday 10:15 AM in-person worship services! As the coronavirus vaccine becomes more readily available, we hope to see many more of our church members and friends. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 safety procedures, then call the church office or refer to our Reenter Well Guide revised March 11 2021 PRINT FINAL.
Sunday’s Schedule: March 21, 2021
- 10:15 AM Worship in the Sanctuary (in-person, livestream, and recorded) To attend in-person worship, save your seat HERE. Or, stop at the Welcome Desk upon arrival. Wear a face mask and bring a jacket; the church windows are open! You may also worship via livestream from home at 10:15 AM or another time on YouTube HERE.
- 5:00-6:00 PM Youth Group In-Person Service Project — Meet at church to help pack bags for the Children’s Easter Drive Thru. Wear a face mask. Contact Pastor Christine Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LAST DAY! Easter Flower ORDERS DUE Open and print this form for annual flowers: Easter flowers 2021 ORDER FORM Send $20 check to the church office or click HERE to pay online.
- Weekly Offering Donate any time by using our easy, secure donation site HERE. Or, send contributions through U.S. Mail to Towson Church, 501 Hampton Lane, Towson, MD 21286.
**** In case of inclement weather, watch our Facebook page for Sunday morning worship updates and cancellations! Be safe. ***
Easter 2021 Flowers are HERE!
Order plantable spring flowers to help decorate the sanctuary and share hope with church members during the Easter season. Plants are $20 each. Simply complete the Easter flowers 2021 ORDER FORM and send your money to the church office by March 21 to order plants for pick-up after the 10:15 AM Easter service or for delivery to homebound church members. Questions? Call 410.823.6511.
Easter DRIVE THRU Celebration for Children – Saturday, March 27
Join us at 11:00 AM for a DRIVE THRU Celebration of Easter with our youngest church members and guests, ages 10 and younger. Bring friends! Wear a facemask and stay in your vehicle as you visit the church to receive a bag filled with the Easter Story and Egg Treats. This event is hosted by Education Work Area. Contact: Pastor Christine Kumar 410.823.6511
God Delights in Us!
This Lenten season, let’s spend some intentional, quiet time unplugging, creating, healing, listening, remembering.
Refer to your printed Lenten booklet, “Wendell Berry and the Sabbath Poetry of Lent,” (that we mailed a few weeks ago) for weekly scripture, meditations, and activities to grant you much-needed rest and to draw you closer to God.
Or, watch our Facebook page for spiritual inspiration each Monday during Lent.
- 3/21 Easter DRIVE THRU Mission Project. Meet at Church to prepare holiday bags for children, 5:00-6:00 PM
- 3/28 NO Youth Group—Palm Sunday
Contact Associate Pastor Christine Kumar in the Church Office at 410.823.6511 for information.
Call the Church Office at 410.823.6511 for information.
Children/Youth Classes and Meetings
- Religious Education Grades Pre-K to Kindergarten. Monday nights 6:30-7:30 PM via Zoom.
- Religious Education Grades 1-5. Tuesday nights 6:30-7:30 PM via Zoom.
- Youth Group Grades 6-12. Sunday nights at 5:00 PM
Adult Classes and Meetings
- Tower Class. Sunday mornings at 8:30 AM via Zoom.
- Christians Under Construction. Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM via Zoom.
- Coffee & Conversation with a Pastor. Wednesday Mornings at 9:00 AM. Join the weekly gatherings via Zoom.
- Men’s Bible Study. Thursday mornings at 7:00 AM via Zoom.
Lent Bible Study
Rev. Fred Crider is teaching a Lent Bible study on “24 Hours that Changed the World.” Contact the church for login details.
Winter Book Study
The Women’s Read and Relate Group is having a special discussion of the book Why? Making Sense of God’s Will by Adam Hamilton. The book addresses questions that many have about suffering, unanswered prayer, God’s will, and more. The group will meet by Zoom Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM. The book is available on Amazon. We would love to have you join us! Call the church office for group leader information. 410.823.6511
Towson Church Cares About YOU!
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing hardship or hospitalization, then please contact our Church Office ASAP to notify the pastors and Congregational Care Team. During this time of physical distancing, we are doing our best to stay connected with everyone – which is definitely a challenge! Also, our Congregational Care Committee will confidentially help with prayers and any other individual needs as coronavirus physical-distancing guidelines allow. Note: we are not visiting any members at this time. CALL 410.823.6511 (select option #3) and we will respond promptly.
- 3/21 Sunday Worship in-person, livestreamed, and recorded, 10:15 AM. Face masks, physical distancing and check-in required for in-person worship.
- 3/27 Easter HOP THRU Celebration for Children drive by church event on Saturday, 11:00 AM to Noon
- 3/28 Palm Sunday Worship in-person, livestreamed, and recorded, 10:15 AM. Face masks, physical distancing and check-in required for in-person worship. Meet us at the front door for Blessed Palm Pick Up at 11:00 AM if you are not worshipping in person. Also, pick up blessed communion elements at 11:00 AM for Maundy Thursday’s home meditation.
- 4/1 Maundy Thursday Meditation Video on YouTube, 9:00 AM
- 4/2 Good Friday Self-Guided Prayer Journey in Sanctuary, noon-7:30 PM
- 4/4 Easter Worship in-person, livestreamed, and recorded, 10:15 AM
- Restorative Retreat on Julian of Norwich hosted by Pastor Christine Kumar, 4/24 from 10:00 AM-noon OR 4/29 7:00-9:00 PM
The Save-A-Seat link is the SAME link each week, so you may consider setting it as a bookmark in your browser or on your desktop for easy access. Or, simply connect from the main page of our website. To reserve your seat for in-person worship, follow this link each week: Save-A-Seat.
Bloomin’ CHURCH NEWS
The spring 2021 High Spire newsletter is HERE! Click the link to access the digital version.
Emergency Food Pantry March 20, 2021
Our Food Pantry continues as a monthly DRIVE-THRU from 9:00-10:30 AM on the third Saturday of each month. (NOTE: November 13 and December 11 dates later this year are the second Saturday.) Thanks to everyone who maintains this mission as a safe, physically-distant, Drive-By Pantry. Our church has been blessed with several incredibly-generous community donations in recent months. During these winter months, guests may call the HOTLINE at 410.823.3649 and listen to a recorded message regarding inclement weather changes or cancellations.
March Moment on a Mission: Heifer International
Giving an animal is like giving someone a small business, providing wool, milk, eggs, and more. Animal donations can provide families a hand up, increasing access to medicine, school, food, and a sustainable livelihood. When considering your donation in March, take a look at this helpful list so you know what your Heifer International gift may buy. For more specific information, check out www.heifer.org.
- Goat, full price is $120; a share is $10.
- Heifer, a cow, full price is $500; a share is $50
- Water buffalo, full price is $250; a share is $25
- Alpaca, full price is $150; a share is $20
- Sheep, full price is $120; a share is $10
- Pig, full price is $120; a share is $10
- Rabbits, full price is $60
- Flock of Ducks, Chicks, or geese are $20
- Honeybees, $30 hive
To give now, click HERE to use a credit card or online payments. Or, make a monetary donation via check payable to Towson Church and indicate it’s for the communion offering. Mail your check to Towson Church, 501 Hampton Lane, Towson, MD 21286.
The Upper Room Devotionals AVAILABLE
Looking for ways to create a daily life with God? Check out the popular devotional, The Upper Room. Towson Church has purchased and distributed paper copies of this gem through the years. Now, the publication is available online for our congregation members to read and share. This is particularly helpful during the pandemic. Click HERE to access the latest issue of The Upper Room. Or, contact the church office to receive a paper copy via U.S. Mail. 410.823.6511
Prayer Shawl Gathers Twice a Month
Our Prayer Shawl Ministry is resuming meetings this month — twice a month via Zoom. Mark your calendars for the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00–8:00 PM and the third Tuesday of each month from 9:00–11:00 AM. Call the church office for contact information and the Zoom links. Can’t wait to see you (and all your handmade projects) soon! 410.823.6511
Help us spark and sustain the missions and ministries of Towson Church with these easy ways to GIVE.
- Shop Online at Amazon SMILE
When you shop at Amazon Smile and select Towson UMC at checkout, our church receives a donation from Amazon for every single purchase. This passive income significantly contributes to our church’s general fund. Click on the link and try it today!
- Mail Your Offering, Fundraiser Payments, and Other Checks
Send your offering checks and other financial correspondence to the Church Office at Towson Church, 501 Hampton Lane, Towson, MD 21286 and we will process them swiftly.
- Donate Online
Visit the new Shelby online giving site HERE. Select from the named options or choose “Other” and write the activity/donation/event name you want to support in the memo line next to the amount.
Never Mind, March
Thank you for making Towson Church your church home. We’re glad you are here!
Welcome Statement: Towson United Methodist Church is a community of Christ-followers growing in love of God and neighbor. This is what we, at Towson UMC, believe Christian discipleship is, what we are to be, and what Jesus meant when he sent his followers to “make disciples”— We believe every person is of sacred worth and created in God’s image. We commit to Jesus’ example of inclusive love, care, and intentional hospitality with persons of every race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, faith story, physical or mental ability, economic status, or political perspective. We respect our diversity of opinion and expressions of faith. Therefore, as God loves us, so let us love and serve in the name of Christ. — adopted by the Towson UMC Church Council February 2, 2015
You are receiving information and inspiration because you are connected to Towson United Methodist Church.
© 2018-2021, Towson United Methodist Church/Towson Church, all rights reserved. Volume 4. Issue 86
Towson Church : 501 Hampton Lane, Towson MD 21286 : 410.823.6511 : www.towsonchurch.org