Your donations, tithes, and gifts are blessings that benefit the missions and ministries of our church! Through our hands-on activities and programs, we help countless people achieve their potential each year. Our missions and ministries support and empower some of our community’s most vulnerable members, including low-income and homeless families, at-risk youth, disaster victims, and those recovering from addictions – both in America and abroad.
How will you invest in Christ’s ministry at Towson United Methodist Church? Whether you offer a specific amount, designate a portion of your annual earnings, bequeath money in your will, or participate in a meaningful one-time project, we thank you for your generosity and commitment.
Meaningful One-Time Gifts
You can invest in a single, inspirational event or activity, such as:
- In Memory or Honor of Someone
- Easter and Christmas Flower Donations
- Weekly Altar Flowers in memory or honor of someone
- Weekly Spire Lighting in memory or honor of someone
- Campership Scholarships
- Thanksgiving Baskets
- Moment on a Mission monthly themed missions
- Christmas Shoeboxes and Angel Tree Gifts
- Food or in-kind donations to Emergency Food Pantry
Intentional Giving & Tithing
You can Pay It Forward on a regular or occasional basis using:
- Amazon Smile designation
- Text 2 Give donation
- Bill Pay/Auto Deposit
- QR Code transactions
- Stock Transfers
- Credit Cards
- Sunday worship collection
You can also remember God’s will in yours. To make a planned gift to the church, simply include the following statement (with the amounts specified) in your will: “I give $_____ (or ____%) of my disposable estate to Towson United Methodist Church.”
DID YOU KNOW?
There are several ways you can make contributions. Here are a few options:
- Place cash/checks in the offering box during worship. Use an envelope to include your name when donating cash.
- Send check donations via the U.S. Postal service to Towson UMC, attention Business Office
- Set up online checking with your bank. You control the frequency and amount sent. The bank sends a check to Towson UMC. Set up Towson UMC as a “vendor” and include your envelope number (if you have one) and name as the “account number.”
- Give online through our secure and convenient portal for credit cards and electronic funds transfers. This option also allows you to set up automatic, recurring contributions, which can be deducted automatically from your checking/savings account at any time or can be processed using your credit or debit card. Simply click HERE and follow the screen prompts.
- Transfer stocks and mutual funds to Towson UMC’s broker. Details may be obtained from the business office. Please notify the Towson UMC business office of any stock transfers made to this account: Merrill Lynch, 901 Dulaney Valley Road, Suite 516, Towson, MD 21204. Phone: 410.321.4323 and Fax: 410.970.4295. DTC #8862. Account # 813-04316 Towson UMC. Be sure to include the following information with the transmittal from your broker/bank to Merrill Lynch: Donor Name: YOU! Designated to: Towson United Methodist Church. Purpose of Gift: Annual Pledge, Bequests, etc.
All year-end contributions must be submitted to the Business Office by December 31 to receive credit on your contribution statement for the current year.